MONTEFIORE & BLOOMBERG INTELLIGENCE PRESENT: CLINICAL AND CARE POLICY DEVELOPMENTS IN ALZHEIMER’S AND RELATED DEMENTIAS
World-Renowned Physician Scientists and Policy Experts on Aging to Lead Discussion on Alzheimer’s Diagnostics, Treatments and Government Initiatives Aimed at Advancing Care for the Aging
Montefiore Health System and Bloomberg Intelligence will host a luncheon focusing on theoretical/hypothetical, clinical and care policy developments in Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias. The event will include three different panels – pre-clinical, clinical and policy. Content will cover how the pre-clinical stage of Alzheimer’s disease is being defined and what’s new in the pharmaceutical pipeline. Attendees will also get a better understanding of cognitive impairment and the latest clinical studies on the impact of early interventions. The policy panel will focus on the progress of the National Alzheimer’s Program, new legislation and opportunities for post-acute care alignment under value-based care models.
Date: Monday, September 21 | 11 am – 2 pm
Venue: Albert Einstein College of Medicine – The Michael F. Price Center for Genetic and Translational Medicine and Harold and Muriel Block Research Pavilion |1301 Morris Park Avenue, Bronx, NY 10461
• Joe Verghese, M.B.B.S., director, Montefiore Einstein Center for the Aging Brain, and chief, Integrated Divisions of Cognitive & Motor Aging (Neurology) and Geriatrics (Medicine) at Montefiore and Einstein, professor in the Saul R. Korey Department of Neurology and of medicine at Einstein
• Mark Mehler, M.D., chair and professor in the Saul R. Korey Department of Neurology, and professor in the Dominick P. Purpura Department of Neuroscience and professor in the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at Einstein
• Luciano D’ Adamio, M.D., PhD., molecular mechanisms of neurodegeneration and memory loss researcher, and professor in the Department of Microbiology & Immunology at Einstein.
• Tia Powell, M.D., director, Montefiore Einstein Center for Bioethics, and professor in the Department of Epidemiology & Population Health and the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at Einstein
• Hope Glassberg, director, Public Policy, Montefiore Health System
• Asthika Goonewardene, Senior Bloomberg Intelligence Analyst
• Elizabeth Krutoholow, Bloomberg Intelligence Analyst
*Additional speakers will be added
Accredited, working journalists are invited to attend.
An RSVP is required and can be done by emailing Tracy Gurrisi at email@example.com or calling 718-920-4011
Montefiore Health System is a premier academic health system and the University Hospital for Albert Einstein College of Medicine. Combining nationally-recognized clinical excellence with a population health perspective that focuses on the comprehensive needs of the communities it serves, Montefiore delivers coordinated, compassionate, science-driven care where, when and how patients need it most. Montefiore consists of eight hospitals and an extended care facility with a total of 2,747 beds, a School of Nursing, and state-of-the-art primary and specialty care provided through a network of more than 150 locations across the region, including the largest school health program in the nation and a home health program. The Children’s Hospital at Montefiore is consistently named in U.S. News’ “”America’s Best Children’s Hospitals.”” Montefiore’s partnership with Einstein advances clinical and translational research to accelerate the pace at which new discoveries become the treatments and therapies that benefit patients. The health system derives its inspiration for excellence from its patients and community, and continues to be on the frontlines of developing innovative approaches to care. For more information please visit http://www.montefiore.
About Bloomberg Intelligence
Bloomberg Intelligence (BI) is the first and only platform to offer interactive, continuously updated research and data for business and financial professionals. BI combines extensive analysis and thematic insights with the vast industry data, news and analytics of the Bloomberg Professional service. In addition to over 130 industries, BI also provides credit, litigation, government, company and economic analysis. BI has a team of over 150 research professionals, who provide in-depth commentary across North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia, Middle East, Africa and Australia. The service is available to Bloomberg’s more than 320,000 business and financial professionals globally, across buy- and sell-side firms, corporations and investment banks. For more information visit: http://www.bloomberg.com/