The 2021-2022 application cycle will open on May 17, 2021.
The AMSNY Diversity in Medicine Scholarship has two goals:
1. Decrease medical students’ debt load and
2. Provide physicians for medically underserved areas in NYS.
The scholarship is a one-year award for the academic year 2021-2022. At $42,000 per year, it is available to students who agree to work in an underserved area in New York State upon completion of their medical education. Students who are currently in or have completed an AMSNY post-baccalaureate program, are domiciled in NY, and will be in medical school for the 2021-22 academic year are eligible to apply.
The scholarship is made possible thanks to support from the New York State Legislature, particularly the Black, Puerto Rican, Hispanic and Asian Legislative Caucus, Majority Leader Peoples-Stokes, Assemblymember Blake, and from the New York State Department of Health.
3. Form – Verification of Academic Standing
4. Form – Verification of Financial Need
5. CDMA Representatives Contact List
6. Letter of Recommendation Instructions
STAY CONNECTED! For current AMSNY post-bac program students and alumni. You can request to join here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/AMSNYPostBac/
For inquiries, please email email@example.com.